11.17.2015

Workday Diwali 2015

As I looked around me at my fellow performers, I realized that I was the only one under 18 about to go on stage. Even though I knew that I got past the auditions and I was meant to be here, I still felt awkward. However, the sea of sparkling Diwali clothes made me a part of something special.




I relied heavily on my ill- prepared speeches and hoped that they would like what I sang. My first song was my first impression for them so I had to make sure it was a good one. My second song was more appropriate for the occasion, but personally, I enjoyed singing the slower one better. 


 

The employees there were very kind to me. They genuinely were curious about my training and interests and I could tell they appreciated my continuation of their festivals. I loved the fact that all of them were quiet when I sang because it made me feel respected even though I was still a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment